MESSAGE BOARDS

A subscription is not required to post on the message boards and to read some free content, but users must still register for a free username and password.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2024 Boise State softball team roster

PreviousPage 2 of 2

This might be a duplicate post.

It could have been Bergesen at 1st and Groves at 3rd.  They are both 6' tall and again with no numbers, I didn't know for sure.

I was tracking the VB game while I was at softball, then came home and watched the VB game and football.

Bronco7454 and Bronco Bronco have reacted to this post.
Bronco7454Bronco Bronco

It looks like the ONLY opportunity to see the 2024 Boise State softball team IN BOISE this fall will be next Sunday @ noon vs the College of Idaho.  So if anyone here wants to see them that will - apparently - be your ONLY opportunity to do so this fall.

And apparently the only other opportunity - this year - to see them in the Treasure Valley area - will be October 20th at Northwest Nazarene here in Nampa - but no time has been announced for that game.

They did reschedule CSI for the 10th at 2pm.

Bronco7454 has reacted to this post.
Bronco7454

Oregon Game is going to be streaming Saturday, possibly the Oregon state game Sunday.

Quote from BSUBass77 on October 5, 2023, 9:41 pm

They did reschedule CSI for the 10th at 2pm.

Too bad they didn't mention that anywhere (that I saw).

I traveled from Nampa to Boise yesterday to watch them play the College of Idaho for the noon game on Sunday.   But apparently leaving my home at 10:45 a.m. was not soon enough to arrive at Dona Larsen Park in time to get one of the ridiculously small amount of parking spaces there.   So I drove all the way over there for nothing.

Looks to me as if the ONLY fall game of theirs I will be able to see is the game at NNU on the 20th but as far as I can tell they still haven't scheduled a start time for that game.

Just looked at the weather forecast for Boise for this afternoon and it looks like today's game isn't going to happen (again).  It's forecasted that today in Boise will be rain...........rain............rain...........and more rain.

They did get today’s game in, with minimal rain.  I think the final was 9-4 they scored in the last inning.  Hard to tell who anyone is with no numbers, however there were a lot of hits and improved defense.  Looking forward to this coming weekend.  Oregon game on Saturday will be streamed on pac 12 network. That should be very interesting and must watch softball, especially for Fall ball.

It's odd - to me - that this year they are once again playing without numbers on their uniforms.  That - in my memory - was not the case last year.   I can clearly recall last year, when they played a game here in Nampa at NNU, asking a young woman near me if she could tell what the number was on one of the Boise State player's uniform who was playing in left field (because I'm old and could not make out what number was on her top).

I don't get what is gained by playing an athletic game without numbers on the players uniforms.  What purpose does that serve?  It's as ridiculous as not keeping score in ANY athletic contest of any kind.

Quote from Bronco Bronco on October 10, 2023, 9:02 pm

They did get today’s game in, with minimal rain.  I think the final was 9-4 they scored in the last inning.  Hard to tell who anyone is with no numbers, however there were a lot of hits and improved defense.  Looking forward to this coming weekend.  Oregon game on Saturday will be streamed on pac 12 network. That should be very interesting and must watch softball, especially for Fall ball.

CORRECTION - It will not be on the PAC 12 Channel - it will be on OREGON LIVE STREAM 3 here:

https://pac-12.com/live/university-oregon-3

Game time is 1:30 p.m. MT this Saturday.

Bronco Bronco has reacted to this post.
Bronco Bronco
PreviousPage 2 of 2