MESSAGE BOARDS

A subscription is not required to post on the message boards and to read some free content, but users must still register for a free username and password.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2024 Boise State softball team roster

Page 1 of 2Next

Boise State has updated their Softball team roster online for the 2024 season:

https://broncosports.com/sports/softball/roster

Sydney Groves has had her number changed from # 1 last season to # 00.

Kasey Aguinaga was # 14 last season but is now listed as # 2.

RS Senior transfer Karizma Bergesen first baseman is listed as # 5

Abby Dowell, Freshman pitcher has # 10.

Alycia Flores was # 11 last season but is now listed with # 27.

Former Arkansas pitcher, Jenna Bloom, has # 72.

Hollie Farmer had # 17 last season but is now listed as #31.

Morgan Flesland had # 23 last season but is now # 15.

Keely Gousha Freshman Utility player is listed as # 7.

Isabel Guzman 5th year transfer Catcher from Jackson State is listed with # 26

Taci Haase was # 26 last season but is now listed with #11

Sophia Knight Freshman outfielder is listed as # 2

Leah McAnally, Freshman catcher is listed with # 35

Freshman Outfielder Sophia Romero is listed as # 99

Freshman Catcher Savannah Smith is listed as # 48

Sophomore transfer Utility player Kassidy Stiles is listed as #25

Skylar Stroh Freshman infielder is listed as # 19

Becky Wetteland - who never was listed on the roster with a jersey # last season - is now listed as # 3

There is a player listed as Kylee Morgan who is also listed as a Freshman 1st baseman with no number and no further info on her.  A Kylee Morgan was a Senior on the 2021 Nampa High School softball team who played 3B & 1B. Perhaps they are one and the same person?

There is also an Outfielder named Paige Austin who has not yet been listed with a jersey # and there is no other info on her other than she is a Freshman.  No idea who this young woman is currently.

I counted a total of 28 players listed on this updated Boise State 2024 softball team roster.

There is a "Paige Austin" who is listed at the link below as a student at Boise State who is also a member of the Boise Hawks Professional Baseball Club.  I'm thinking she might be the Austin Paige who is listed on this updated Boise State softball team roster for 2024.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paige-austin-320243287

I know that the Boise State softball team holds an open tryout every fall and they did so again earlier this fall/summer.  So I'm thinking that Austin Paige and Kylee Morgan and Savannah Smith (who I had not heard of till looking at this new 2024 roster) must have impressed at the open tryouts this year and are now on the team.

I also count 13 new additions to the Boise State softball team.  Nine incoming true freshmen and four incoming transfers.  Six of the nine new freshmen were known as newly signed recruits as of last November and the transfers were made known this past summer.   But there are three new freshmen who - as far as I knew - were not announced until this newly updated roster was released.

Incoming known true freshmen for 2024 - 6

Sophia Knight - OF/2B

Abigail Dowell - LHP/1B

Leah McAnally - C/1B/3B

Skylar Stroh - SS/2B

Keely Gousha - SS/3B/2B/OF

Sophia Romero - OF

Incoming transfers for 2024 - 4

Jenna Bloom - RHP - 2024 SR - Transfer from Arkansas

Karizma Bergesen - 1B/DP - 2024 RS SR - Transfer from San Jose State

Isabel Guzman - C - 2024 5th year SR - Transfer from Jackson State

Kassidy Stiles - SS/OF - 2024 SO - Transfer from Utah Valley

NEW Incoming True Freshmen

Savannah Smith - C

Kylee Morgan - 1B

Paige Austin - OF

Bronco Bronco has reacted to this post.
Bronco Bronco

It’s very frustrating posting on this website. I put a long message and report from the games this weekend and after hitting submit it errors out.

I don't know what might be causing your problem but I would suggest you try a different web browser.  I use Mozilla Firefox myself and it comes with it's own minor problems on this site but for the most part it works fairly well here.

The problem I encounter here the most is every time I attempt to post a message here I get a yellow error message which says "You must enter the correct captcha".     But there is no "captcha" anywhere.   I just hit the blue Submit tab a second time and that usually gets the message posted here.  I say usually because when I did that just a minute or so ago it did NOT work.

I just had to hit the blue Submit tab THREE times to get the above message posted here.

Bronco Bronco

I would also suggest you might want to COPY any long message you attempt to post here before trying to submit it.  To avoid losing it altogether and having to try to put it all back together again.   This website is far from perfect but it's what we have here.

Bronco Bronco

Back to the softball exhibition game at NNU... Well it is hard to know who looked good with no numbers on the shirts and so many new players.  I think Caudill looked pretty good.  It was a cold and rainy day with affects a pitchers grip, but she seemed to have good control and hit her marks pretty well.  I left after the 4th so I didn't see more than one run by NNU.

We have new players at short and 3rd.  I saw one error by the SS (I think) which might have cost us the single run.  New player at catcher seemed to play well.  NNU had several hits toward the right field that were handled very well.  Abby Bumcrot at 2nd (I think) and Sidney Groves were pretty solid.

On offense, BSU had the bats flying pretty well.  If I remember correctly, BSU was up 9 -1 in the 4th.  Some people might say that is less than expected since we were playing NNU, but I think it is about right for a good team at this point of the year with so many new players.

At one point in the 2nd, coach sent (maybe Farmer) to second and she was easily caught.  Even though she was out, I want our coaches to be aggressive and test the pitcher/catcher in the spring.  I think we depend on the bats and long balls a bit too much and we need to change up at times and test the other team by playing small ball.

I will try to get to one more this fall and maybe have a better view of who is playing.

Bronco7454, Wcaudill and Bronco Bronco have reacted to this post.
Bronco7454WcaudillBronco Bronco
Quote from Bronco7454 on October 2, 2023, 4:54 am

I would also suggest you might want to COPY any long message you attempt to post here before trying to submit it.  To avoid losing it altogether and having to try to put it all back together again.   This website is far from perfect but it's what we have here.

That is a good idea, thanks.

Quote from BSUBass77 on October 2, 2023, 11:19 am

Back to the softball exhibition game at NNU... Well it is hard to know who looked good with no numbers on the shirts and so many new players.  I think Caudill looked pretty good.  It was a cold and rainy day with affects a pitchers grip, but she seemed to have good control and hit her marks pretty well.  I left after the 4th so I didn't see more than one run by NNU.

We have new players at short and 3rd.  I saw one error by the SS (I think) which might have cost us the single run.  New player at catcher seemed to play well.  NNU had several hits toward the right field that were handled very well.  Abby Bumcrot at 2nd (I think) and Sidney Groves were pretty solid.

On offense, BSU had the bats flying pretty well.  If I remember correctly, BSU was up 9 -1 in the 4th.  Some people might say that is less than expected since we were playing NNU, but I think it is about right for a good team at this point of the year with so many new players.

At one point in the 2nd, coach sent (maybe Farmer) to second and she was easily caught.  Even though she was out, I want our coaches to be aggressive and test the pitcher/catcher in the spring.  I think we depend on the bats and long balls a bit too much and we need to change up at times and test the other team by playing small ball.

I will try to get to one more this fall and maybe have a better view of who is playing.

I wish I had known they moved that one game to here in Nampa as I live in Nampa.  I only found out about the move to NNU around 2 p.m. via the Boise State softball Facebook page.

As to new players at SS and 3B and C ........my GUESS would be Stiles at SS and Guzman at C but since I did not see the game at all that's all it is is a guess.   It sounds like - by what you wrote - that Groves was still playing at 1B.   I would have thought they would have Bergesen playing at 1B and I thought Groves was moving to 3B.

P.S. I would have thought you would be watching the Boise State volleyball game/loss to New Mexico match (that didn't get televised until the first set was more than 1/2 way  finished).   I think the score was 17-12 New Mexico when they finally woke up at New Mexico and STARTED televising the match.

Bronco Bronco
Page 1 of 2Next