MESSAGE BOARDS

A subscription is not required to post on the message boards and to read some free content, but users must still register for a free username and password.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2024 MWC football schedules released yesterday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHh5SlOXMAAT7JY?format=jpg&name=large

I noticed that - apparently - Boise State chose not to schedule a 13th regular season game even tho they could have done so since they are playing @ Hawaii this fall.   This gives them two bye weeks.

ColterRey has reacted to this post.
ColterRey

Then again U.N.L.V., Nevada and New Mexico also have road games next fall @ Hawaii and all three of them also have only 12 regular season football games and 2 BYE weeks just like Boise State.   So I have to wonder if that option for a 13th regular season game due to traveling to Hawaii is still in effect or not.  It would "appear" that it is not as all four of the MWC football teams that play @ Hawaii next fall did not exercise that option.

Overall I like the schedule.  3 quick observations:

1.  The breaks are earlier than optimal. 6 games in a row to finish the season right before the MW championship game is tough.
  2.  The scheduler seems to have a devilish sense of humor when it comes to a road game at Wyoming, it seems to be at the end of the year.
  3. Thanksgiving at home vs Oregon State is made for TV.  A competitive non conference game right before the MW championships could be challenging.
ColterRey and Bronco7454 have reacted to this post.
ColterReyBronco7454

Not a huge fan of the first game in our series against Georgia Southern being on the road. Think this game was scheduled when doofus Apsey was still the AD. Also not a huge fan of us not having our home opener essentially until week 4 of the year. Other then that no real complaints. The two bye weeks will be beneficial for the players. Home schedule is easily the best we have had in a long time if not ever.

BroncoChief and J M have reacted to this post.
BroncoChiefJ M