MESSAGE BOARDS

A subscription is not required to post on the message boards and to read some free content, but users must stillΒ register for a free username and password.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2022 Schedule

I know we still have one more game left this season (fingers crossed for the Mystery Meat Bowl), but it's never too early to look forward to next year, amiright?

In addition to the MW games (away to Air Force, Nevada, New Mexico and Wyoming; home for Colorado State, Fresno, San Diego State and Utah State), we've also got four non-con games (away to Oregon State and UTEP; home for BYU and UT-Martin).

I, for one, am HIGHLY intrigued by the Oregon State game.

Only went 7-5 this year, but former BSU QB coach Jonathan Smith led them to a couple big wins against USC and Utah and they didn't lose at home all season. The Beavers also had one of the best running games in college football (217 ypg-14th) and were excellent on third down (51%-6th). A quick scan of their roster (barring any transfers or early departures) and it looks like they'll be returning:

• a QB who completed 64% of his passes for 19 tds, added ~300 yds and 3 tds on the ground
  • three RBs who combined for ~2000 yds and 18 tds, each averaging better than 5.7 ypc
  • 4 of their top 5 pass catchers who combined for ~1100 yds and 8 tds
  • 5 of their top 6 tacklers, who combined for 7 ints

They seemed primed for a good run next year. Should be a great game.

Any others you guys are excited about? Or dreading?

BSUaddict, football53 and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
BSUaddictfootball53Spencer KentWade Raybsufan4342BroncoNavy

There's one game I dread every year. AIR FORCE. I know I'm not supposed to hate that team and all, but woah! I hate that team! It tends to be a game where things that couldn't possibly happen actually do happen and in great volume. I don't have to mention it, but I'm going to....cut blocks! Just watching our guys get taken down low all game long...yuck.

That's some great info regarding the Oregon State game. I hadn't really been paying much attention to them so that's all news to me. Looks like Jonathan Smith is righting the ship for that program. If we can pull out a win that could be good for us. I'll definitely have that one circled on my calendar now. Thanks Zack! Can I call you that or am I being to cozy? LOL

BSUaddict has reacted to this post.
BSUaddict
Quote from Zachary Ball on December 3, 2021, 12:45 pm

I know we still have one more game left this season (fingers crossed for the Mystery Meat Bowl), but it's never too early to look forward to next year, amiright?

In addition to the MW games (away to Air Force, Nevada, New Mexico and Wyoming; home for Colorado State, Fresno, San Diego State and Utah State), we've also got four non-con games (away to Oregon State and UTEP; home for BYU and UT-Martin).

Only went 7-5 this year, but former BSU QB coach Jonathan Smith led them to a couple big wins against USC and Utah and they didn't lose at home all season. The Beavers also had one of the best running games in college football (217 ypg-14th), were excellent on third down (51%-6th). A quick scan of their roster (barring any transfers or early departures) and it looks like they'll be returning:

• a QB who completed 64% of his passes for 19 tds, added ~300 yds and 3 tds on the ground
  • three RBs who combined for ~2000 yds and 18 tds, each averaging better than 5.7 ypc

You are right, Oregon State will be a terrific matchup for us! With their improvements each season under Smith I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Oregon State is in the Pac 12 title discussions if they can get by Oregon at the end of the year. Other matchups I'm really looking forward to are the big key conference home games(SDSU,FRES,USU) which I would guess is the same for everyone else. I think we can break the attendance record in '22 with the home slate we will have and assuming the same teams from this season can have continued success.

Wade Ray and Zachary Ball have reacted to this post.
Wade RayZachary Ball
Quote from Spencer Kent on December 3, 2021, 1:33 pm

There's one game I dread every year. AIR FORCE. I know I'm not supposed to hate that team and all, but woah! I hate that team! It tends to be a game where things that couldn't possibly happen actually do happen and in great volume. I don't have to mention it, but I'm going to....cut blocks! Just watching our guys get taken down low all game long...yuck.

That's some great info regarding the Oregon State game. I hadn't really been paying much attention to them so that's all news to me. Looks like Jonathan Smith is righting the ship for that program. If we can pull out a win that could be good for us. I'll definitely have that one circled on my calendar now. Thanks Zack! Can I call you that or am I being to cozy? LOL

I've been called worse πŸ˜‰

Those Air Force matchups are always hit or miss. I too dread them, but they were my team growing up (dad served), so I don't get as...emotional for those games as I do for the others. It also helps (when we lose) to know those kids will likely one day be doing a great service for our country. Can't say the same for those Nevada scum! πŸ˜†

BSUaddict has reacted to this post.
BSUaddict
Quote from Derek Allen on December 3, 2021, 2:06 pm
Quote from Zachary Ball on December 3, 2021, 12:45 pm

Only went 7-5 this year, but former BSU QB coach Jonathan Smith led them to a couple big wins against USC and Utah and they didn't lose at home all season. The Beavers also had one of the best running games in college football (217 ypg-14th), were excellent on third down (51%-6th). A quick scan of their roster (barring any transfers or early departures) and it looks like they'll be returning:

You are right, Oregon State will be a terrific matchup for us! With their improvements each season under Smith I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Oregon State is in the Pac 12 title discussions if they can get by Oregon at the end of the year. Other matchups I'm really looking forward to are the big key conference home games(SDSU,FRES,USU) which I would guess is the same for everyone else. I think we can break the attendance record in '22 with the home slate we will have and assuming the same teams from this season can have continued success.

Agreed! They should be in the thick of it in their division. And with Cristobal potentially leaving Oregon? Might be just the opening they need for a banner year.

Home schedule certainly gets better next year with San Diego State, Fresno State, Utah State and BYU all coming the The Blue. That should help (at least it did in years prior to 2021) the record improve. Colorado State and UT Martin also at home.

Road games including Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force and Nevada in league play, plus the Oregon State game you mentioned and UTEP.

Record for next year at first guess? 10-2. I would think the Broncos bounce back nicely next year. Schedule sets up nicely for the most part. Much better than this year, although ironically they won most of the tough road games and lost at home.

Wade Ray and Zachary Ball have reacted to this post.
Wade RayZachary Ball
Quote from B.J. Rains on December 4, 2021, 9:21 am

Home schedule certainly gets better next year with San Diego State, Fresno State, Utah State and BYU all coming the The Blue. That should help (at least it did in years prior to 2021) the record improve. Colorado State and UT Martin also at home.

Road games including Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force and Nevada in league play, plus the Oregon State game you mentioned and UTEP.

Record for next year at first guess? 10-2. I would think the Broncos bounce back nicely next year. Schedule sets up nicely for the most part. Much better than this year, although ironically they won most of the tough road games and lost at home.

I was thinking 9-3 before Haener entered the portal and DeBoer left for U-dub, but with those changes I think 10-2 is right on the money.

Wade Ray has reacted to this post.
Wade Ray