MESSAGE BOARDS

A subscription is not required to post on the message boards and to read some free content, but users must still register for a free username and password.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2023-24 Schedule - toughest ever?

At first glance I was really excited about the Wazzu neutral site game. But going to be tough for Bronco fans to get to that one. Same day Wazzu hosts ASU in football and the Vandals host UC-Davis (coached by Dan Hawkins).

So no hotel rooms available for miles around (maybe Lewiston?) and the 90 mile drive back to Spokane (for me) is pretty awful at night in Winter.

Boise finished 34 in the NET ratings (used for NCAAT) last year.

These noncon opponents were (out of 358 teams):

S. Dakota State: 67

neutral* Wazzu: 54

neutral* Charlotte: 188

neutral* Loyola: 28 or Tulsa: 18

neutral* Colorado: 74 or UMass: 178 or Murray St.: 29 or Texas A&M: 36

Utah Valley: 116

CSUN: 326

neutral*Texas A&M: 36

Eastern Oregon: NAIA doesn’t count against schedule

@ Saint Louis: 66

New Orleans: 267

Oakland: 173

@ Santa Clara: 70

Lots of tier 1/2 opportunities and really only bad games are CSUN and New Orleans.

Not too bad of a schedule!  Since we won the MW and appeared in the tourney, I was hoping for a marquee non-con game at Extra Mile (top 40 or better).  As it is S Dakota St (#67) is our signature non-con home game.  We just need to keep winning for it to happen.

On another note:  Why did Craig Thompson not get a conference challenge series before departing?  The MW doesn’t have a bad BB conference…Go Broncos!

Quote from ian on September 15, 2022, 8:11 pm

At first glance I was really excited about the Wazzu neutral site game. But going to be tough for Bronco fans to get to that one. Same day Wazzu hosts ASU in football and the Vandals host UC-Davis (coached by Dan Hawkins).

So no hotel rooms available for miles around (maybe Lewiston?) and the 90 mile drive back to Spokane (for me) is pretty awful at night in Winter.

I am pretty sure this is the Boise hockey arena.  Hopefully, the hotels in Boise are not going to be filled for a Vandal game.

Quote from BSUBass77 on September 16, 2022, 1:16 pm
Quote from ian on September 15, 2022, 8:11 pm

I am pretty sure this is the Boise hockey arena.  Hopefully, the hotels in Boise are not going to be filled for a Vandal game.

Derp... You're right - I'm blaming BJ for not spelling it out. 😛

Idaho Central Credit Union Arena is the Vandals new Basketball gym. (ICCU Arena)

Idaho Central Arena is the  Steelheads arena in downtown Boise.